Hi, I’m Michael Venske!
9 Objective* Reasons You Should Hire Me.
1.) I Know What I Want
- To motivate others to help make the world a better place through their work & passions
- Activities with many opportunities for interaction with people
- Activities to get and maintain attention of others
- Freedom to move around, either in the office or around the world
As professor Linda Brimm’s findings are reported in 5 Reasons You Should Hire the Well Traveled, and I attest after living in China for three years, there are abilities living internationally develops:
- seeing change as normal
- living as an outsider to fixed cultural rules / relying on creative thinking
- reinventing and experimenting with new identities
- an expert at the subtle and emotional aspects of transition
- easily learns and uses new ways of thinking
What other subtle skills and benefits can this global cosmopolitan bring to your organization? At least 7 more…
3.) Fearless Fool
Whether it’s driving a scooter across America (twice!), jumping out of a plane, or hosting your international company’s world-wide all company meeting, I’m cool as a cucumber.
4.) Long Term Potential
Samuel Beckett said, “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” All my life I’ve failed. Over time I’ve gotten pretty good at failing better.
There’s a reason America’s most trusted brands — Target, Best Buy, 3M, Mayo Clinic, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation — collaborate with me. It’s time to find out for yourself.
5.) Makes Variety of Hats Look Good
As a theatre artist I’m my own small business. From marketing shows to writing scripts, teaching the class or pleasing the crowd, I’m my own army of one. Put me to work on your battlefield.
If the C-suite wants a social ad campaign with conversion rates that generate ROI to keep the lights on and give everyone bonuses: you’re in luck. From creating, implementing, and managing Facebook pages to Twitter feeds and Tumblr blogs: I have influence says this Klout score at 51 and rising!
The DISC Index is the most contemporary interpretation of Dr. William Marston’s groundbreaking work into understanding and measuring a person’s natural behavioral style.
What this says about me:
- shows the rare ability to be a calming influence on angry people due to active listening and high degree of patience and optimism
- remarkable ability to shift the mood from serious to lighthearted smoothly and easily
- ability to handle pressing problems in a casual manner, but still get the problem solved
- able to talk with new people very easily in small groups or in large audiences
- listens carefully to alternatives before making a judgment
- able to negotiate conflicts into win-win situations
- an excellent teacher
Understanding why someone does what they do is the key to understanding how to get them well aligned with work and in an environment that will lead to the most passion. The Values Index combines the work of Dr. Spranger and Allport to create the most powerful motivations profile on the market today.
What this says about me:
- able to balance the quest for understanding and knowledge with the practical needs of a situation
- a multi-threaded problem solver, able to shift gears and projects in a flexible way
- a high desire to help others learn, grow, and develop
- able to accept the credit or take the blame with a ‘the buck stops here’ attitude
- demonstrates high independence and projects self-confidence
- may try to help meet customers’ needs (internal and external) before own
- a strong advocate for green initiatives and protecting personal time and space
- very much prefer form, harmony and balance
I wouldn’t be what, where, or who I am without the kindness, generosity, mentoring and patience of others.
Thank you for learning more about me!
(It’s only fair, you know all about me.)
* = I’ll admit it: I’m 100% biased.
Curious about the image at the top of the post that got your attention?
Captured and created by Athena Pelton, maker of kickass imagery for incredible humans.