Transforming wedding ceremonies into custom experiences is what I do best.
By spending quality time with each couple, learning their story, and sharing it in my signature style, each wedding ceremony is remembered, cherished, and talked about for years to come.
Seriously, read a few testimonials and/or check-in with happily married wedding clients for a reference. Or view the wedding gallery!
Connecting & Booking
- Indicate interest – response within 24 hours to schedule a time to chat
- Face-to-face / over-the-phone / video calls – no pressure. 100% free. (When eateries open, let’s get coffee or a beer!)
- To secure wedding ceremony date: $500 deposit via cash, check, PayPal, Venmo, or other*.
Everything in Between
- You & your partner share, ask questions, and giggle a bit.
- I listen and write only stopping to ask questions to gain greater understanding about the relationship and the most important pieces you each cherish.
- The essence of the ceremony is distilled into a draft sent your way.
- Updates made.
- Approvals granted.
- Tears of joy!
Day of Wedding Ceremony
- 60 Minutes to Ceremony: officiant arrival. Checks-in with couple, family, vendors
- 45 Minutes to Ceremony: officiant sound check (if applicable), (privately) reviews ceremony, and ensures unity ceremony items (if applicable) are set & ready
- 30 Minutes to Ceremony: couple, witnesses, and officiant sign marriage certificate
- 5 Minutes to Ceremony: wedding party and officiant circle-up for pre-ceremony ritual
Directly after the wedding ceremony and even months later, our guests kept asking us “Who was your friend who officiated the wedding? He did such a great job at sharing your story.” Everyone assumes Michael has been a long time friend of ours because he told our story so personally. But this is due to … Read more
…god did you make it entertaining, and do such an amazing job as our minister! People still comment on how good of a job you did officiating. (Thank you so much, Mike! You did an amazing job! We wouldn’t have it done any other way. We love you so much!)
Everyone at our wedding loved him. He was the most talked about element of our wedding. He made the whole process easy and was incredibly easy to talk to. We are so thankful and blessed to have met Michael. -Courtney & Thomas Pratt, September 2018
I can’t say enough nice things about our experience with Michael. From the first conversation we had with him our nerves about hiring a total stranger to officiate our super intimate wedding were alleviated. Our ceremony turned out to be exactly what we wanted – personal, light-hearted, funny, and sentimental. We invited Michael to stay … Read more
…he provided a perfectly timed ceremony with just the right amount of stories to make you both laugh and “aww”.
VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Michael Venske for performing the MOST MEMORABLE LOVING CEREMONY!!!
Michael demonstrated genuine interest in our lives and truly wanted to immerse himself in our story. As he said at the beginning, his goal was to “fall in love with us.” At first, I thought that sounded trite, and might just be a line used to seduce couples into hiring him, but it was nothing … Read more
Michael gave our ceremony the kind of warm personal touch we had really hoped for. He also dispelled our nerves with some well placed humor during the vows. Above all he kept the day focused on us as a couple and the commitment we were making to one another.
When it came time to decide who would officiate our wedding Sean and I knew we wanted to do something non-traditional. I thought, “Mike is an actor, he can play a man of the cloth for me!” Months later Mike married me…to my husband. He wrote the most amazing “sermon” designed just for us. He … Read more
It was really the last meeting that I really learned exactly what made my husband fall in love with me and reminded me exactly why we are getting married and starting this journey together. I think he learned the same. We already knew almost everything there is to know about each other, but Michael really … Read more
* = Hello, friend. Thanks for scrolling to this cryptic message. I am always open to ideas to secure the date. Plane, concert, or theatre tickets? Bottles of scotch? Light carpentry work? You get the idea. Let’s make it work!