Dear Twitter, We’re Breaking Up
We’re breaking up. After nearly 14 years and 12,300 tweets I’m leaving.
Sure, when I first joined Twitter I was excited…
…but we’re not compatible anymore.
We’ve had some good times. We’ve laughed, cried, and shared a lot of memories.
I could leave it at that, but it may be helpful for you to know some of the reasons…
- Your algorithm is racist, ableist, and ageist
- The company/algorithm contributes to Islamophobia
- Promoted content is in the way of meaningful content
- The algorithm hides content we want
- Twitter allows bad actors, fascist regimes, and the uninformed to spread disinformation freely
- Falsely labeling NPR as “US state-affiliated media”
- Reinstating liar, crook, rapist, and domestic terrorist Donald Trump’s account
- Elon Musk
While I cherish many of the connections made through this service, I am no longer able in good conscience to allow my digital presence to tacitly show support for this platform.